- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Stone crosses filter Stone crosses
- Remove Stone age filter Stone age
- Remove Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss kommune. filter Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss kommune.
- Remove Tourism filter Tourism
- Remove Radøy, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Radøy, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
At the southern end of the bridge between Radøy and Fosnøy archaeologists found an unusual Stone Age settlement. There was a thick “cultural layer” here with the remains of the waste dumps of a hunting people. The place was called Kotedalen. Here they came, one group after the other, and settled for some weeks, some months, or maybe years before they went on, leaving the settlement deserted. Time after time it happened. At least 16 settlement phases have been identified, stretching over 5,500 years.
Stalheim is situated between Stalheimsfossen and Sivlefossen, in a community with the farms Sivle and Brekke. The most likely explanation of the name is “the farm by Stadall”, from “standa” (stand), probably with background in the steep Stalheimskleivi. The farm has for a long time been divided into several units. At Stalheim there has been a transport exchange from the Middle Ages and the farm has been a postal farm since 1647.