- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Stone crosses filter Stone crosses
- Remove Stone age filter Stone age
- Remove Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss kommune. filter Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss kommune.
- Remove Road constructions filter Road constructions
The village at Bolstadøyri acquired its structure around the middle of the 1800s, but from the old days there has been a meeting place here; court location and trading post. The guesthouse place stems from the second half of the 17th century, and in the previous century Bolstadøyri was one of the largest rural trading posts in Nordhordland.
From the oldest times on record in Norway one of the most important traffic arteries between west and east Norway has passed across Bolstad – Voss – Stalheim – Gudvangen and Lærdal. The post road between Oslo and Bergen was established here 1647, but in Stalheimskleiva there was only a packhorse track right up to the 1840s. Wheeled transport and carts were in little use in the mountains in West Norway up to that time.