- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Music filter Music
Alvøen is one of the oldest industrial places in Norway. As early as the 1620s a gunpowder mill was built here. The place itself was well situated for industrial activity, lying only 100 m from the waterfall, which provided power for the mill, and a good harbour wherefrom the products were shipped. The success of the gun-powder mill varied in the 1600s and 1700s, but what made Alvøen best known was its paper production.
Fyksesundet and Botnagrenda present a fine experience of the landscape and cultural history; a geographically isolated local settlement with extensive cultural contact with the outside world.