- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
- Remove Tysnes filter Tysnes
- Remove Masfjorden filter Masfjorden
As early as 1906 the Matre and Haugsdal waterway was bought up by the businessman Blauuw from Bergen; the first “waterfall speculator” in the Matre area. He immediately resold it to Fr. Hiorth, who transferred all the rights to the company Matrefaldene in 1908. Behind A/S Matrefaldene were German interests, Badische Anilin und Sodafabrik, which wanted to start production of saltpetre fertilizer with nitrogen and electricity.