- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
- Remove Kvam filter Kvam
- Remove Lindås, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Lindås, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Music filter Music
- Remove Sveio filter Sveio
The industrial settlement Bjørsvik
“Fartein Valen is the key figure within newer Norwegian music. Not by way of being more popular than other younger composers, but because he aims at things higher, which he is fully confident of being able to reach since he commands all techniques. But there is a price to pay for reaching above the ordinary, and there is a price to pay for demanding more than the ordinary from the listeners. This is something Valen has experienced”.
Fyksesundet and Botnagrenda present a fine experience of the landscape and cultural history; a geographically isolated local settlement with extensive cultural contact with the outside world.
From his loft window on the doctor’s farm at Tangarås the young Hans Ernst Kinck had a view of the fjord and the Mauranger mountains. The fjord settlements in West Norway made a strong impression on the young boy when his family moved from Setesdal, from “the stifling mystique of the ballad”, to Strandebarm in 1876. The new district doctor bought the old captain’s farm at Tangarås, which had for some time been a military head farm after Håbrekke further into the settlement.