- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
- Remove Kvam filter Kvam
- Remove Lindås, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Lindås, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Cultural landscapes filter Cultural landscapes
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
Fyksesundet and Botnagrenda present a fine experience of the landscape and cultural history; a geographically isolated local settlement with extensive cultural contact with the outside world.
From his loft window on the doctor’s farm at Tangarås the young Hans Ernst Kinck had a view of the fjord and the Mauranger mountains. The fjord settlements in West Norway made a strong impression on the young boy when his family moved from Setesdal, from “the stifling mystique of the ballad”, to Strandebarm in 1876. The new district doctor bought the old captain’s farm at Tangarås, which had for some time been a military head farm after Håbrekke further into the settlement.
Through Adolph Tidemand’s detailed close-ups of smokehouses in Kvam, the vicarage in Vikøy, where he lived during his painting trips through Hardanger, has obtained a central position in the Norwegian national romanticism.