- Remove Quarns and mills filter Quarns and mills
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Benthic organisms filter Benthic organisms
- Remove Forestation filter Forestation
- Remove Smallholdings filter Smallholdings
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
When the workers came to Kollsnes to start on the work with the landing for the gas terminal from the Troll field in the North Sea, they found the ruins of an old farm mill at Kvernapollen.
The industrial settlement Bjørsvik
The little cowshed which lies on the fence at Kolåseidet, constructed in connection with the stone fence, has put its mark on the cultural landscape. On the border between the home fields and the forest, the cowshed is the very symbol of a simple resource management - the division between the cropland and the grazing grounds. And the way it was built has its roots far back in time.
If you enter the farmyard at Rekve, some kilometres from Bulken, where the road departs to Giljarhus, you no longer meet “the miller”, Knut Hernes, in his old rural mill. But some years ago he would wish you welcome, friendly and hospitable, and show you around his mill, which had been his workplace for a generation. As light-footed as a youth he climbed in steep ladders high up into the waterfall, to let the water down on to the waterwheel.