- Remove Quarns and mills filter Quarns and mills
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Benthic organisms filter Benthic organisms
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Forestation filter Forestation
- Remove Cultural landscapes filter Cultural landscapes
In the sunny, steep fjord landscape along Sørfjorden on the east side of Osterøy is the farm Havrå. The small “hamlet” is one of the few undisturbed farming communities that gives us the impression of the large communal yards in West Norway in the 1700s, with houses built close together and strips of arable land.
The little cowshed which lies on the fence at Kolåseidet, constructed in connection with the stone fence, has put its mark on the cultural landscape. On the border between the home fields and the forest, the cowshed is the very symbol of a simple resource management - the division between the cropland and the grazing grounds. And the way it was built has its roots far back in time.