- Remove Quarns and mills filter Quarns and mills
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Benthic organisms filter Benthic organisms
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Forestation filter Forestation
- Remove Austrheim filter Austrheim
- Remove Stone age filter Stone age
The farmhouses at holding No. 15 at Hopland are built together to form a long, continuous building, with dwelling house, hayshed and cowshed built in one row. There have been many such joined structures in the coastal communities, but today there are few remaining. If we travel to the other side of the North Sea, to the Faeroes, Shetland and the Orkney Islands, we find corresponding features in the older building traditions. We find ourselves in a large North Atlantic cultural area.