- Remove Smallholdings filter Smallholdings
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Avalanches and rock falls filter Avalanches and rock falls
- Remove Churches filter Churches
- Remove Ullensvang, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune. filter Ullensvang, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune.
Ullensvang church, situated beside the vicarage, in idyllic surroundings on the headland just inside Lofthus municipality, is mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1309. At that time the present Gothic stone church must have been new. Judging by the style in the western portal and the eastern chancel windows, the church must have been built around 1300 or just before, probably by builders from Bergen influenced by the English Gothic style.
By all accounts the church in Kinsarvik must have been one of the four main churches in the old Horda County. The stone church standing today was restored by cathedral architect Chr. Christie in 1880, and again by Peter Helland-Hansen in 1960-61. At that time an archaeological investigation was undertaken, which has unearthed new knowledge about the church.