- Remove Smallholdings filter Smallholdings
- Remove Radøy, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Radøy, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
- Remove Stone age filter Stone age
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Eidfjord filter Eidfjord
At Halnefjorden, a few hundred metres east of Halne mountain lodge, lie the remains of two stone sheds – Halnelægeret. Some generations ago the cattle drovers stopped here in the summer; they were the cowboys of their time. But Halnelægeret already had a long history before the cattle drovers came.
At the southern end of the bridge between Radøy and Fosnøy archaeologists found an unusual Stone Age settlement. There was a thick “cultural layer” here with the remains of the waste dumps of a hunting people. The place was called Kotedalen. Here they came, one group after the other, and settled for some weeks, some months, or maybe years before they went on, leaving the settlement deserted. Time after time it happened. At least 16 settlement phases have been identified, stretching over 5,500 years.