- Remove Basement rocks filter Basement rocks
- Remove Midthordland filter Midthordland
- Remove Archaeological findings filter Archaeological findings
- Remove Conservation area filter Conservation area
- Remove Metamorphic rocks filter Metamorphic rocks
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
Strawberry-growing on Askøy flourished in the beginning of the last century. When gardener Samson Eik took in the type "Seierherren" from Rosendal in 1909 for growing strawberries on Hop, it appeared that the soil and climate in this area was perfect for the mass production of strawberries.
Spring, summer and autumn, there is bird life on Valen, and the tidal zone is especially attractive. Out on Herdlaflaket, you see ducks and other diving birds all year round, but most in winter.
Herdla- Migrating birds
Bergen folk landed on it, long and well. The Germans took it over, during the Second World War. The birds had been doing it for several thousands of years: HERDLA is the main airport for migrating birds during their autumn migrations.