- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Sediments filter Sediments
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Ulvik filter Ulvik
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
HOLMEN AND THE KØLLE FAMILY Holmen lies by the fjord, innermost in Ulvikpollen. Originally this was a small smallholding or coast dweller’s place belonging to the farm Håheim. Major Johan Henrik Palludan obtained leasehold for a part of Holmen in 1773, and erected a grand house, as he was the head of Nordre Hardangerske kompani. In 1806 Mrs Palludin sold Holmen to the somewhat eccentric theologian Kristian Kølle, and thus the Kølle family came to Ulvik. Today the Kølle house in Holmen is gone, today it is the residence of the principal of the State horticultural school that occupies the ground – a villa in the dragon style from the turn of the previous century.