- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Lindås, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Lindås, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
- Remove Burial mounds filter Burial mounds
Lurekalven is an unpopulated island of heather moor which is a part of the wilderness belonging to the five farms on Ytre Lygra. Between the two islands there is only a small sound. As late as the 1920s, milking cows were rowed over the sound from Lygra in summer – a form of farming that was adapted to the coastal landscape.
Sæheim (Seim) at Lygrefjord is mentioned as one of the royal farms of Harald Hårfagre. Several of the first Norwegian national kings had their seat here, and the farm became Crown Property up to the 1400s. According to the sagas, Håkon den gode is buried on the farm.