- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Vernacular crafts filter Vernacular crafts
- Remove Granvin, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad filter Granvin, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
For many years the Folkedal scythe had a good reputation. Immediately above the highway through Folkedal there is a long brick building, on the inner side of the river. Here production of scythes went on to the beginning of the 1950s.
Folkedal, which today is like a small “detour” from the main highway, was in the Middle Ages centrally situated in one of the most important roads between Hardanger and Voss. This is the road that Olav Haraldsson travelled in 1023, when he came from the royal farm at Avaldsnes for a meeting with the Voss inhabitants about the new belief. The road passes across the mountain pasture Krossaset and down Bordalen to Vangen.