- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Road constructions filter Road constructions
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Wildlife filter Wildlife
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Fish filter Fish
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
It is said that the salmon populations with the largest and the smallest salmon in the world both come from the waters that run out into the fjord system around Osterøy. Vosso is supposed to have the largest spawning salmon to be found in any river, whereas Lonelva is said to have the smallest.
Around Mjøsvågen here is still a compact marine use area. Some of the buildings are common boathouses, but most of them also house small enterprises and workshops. This is where the farmers from Øvsthus, Mjøs, Hole and other farms have supplemented their meagre incomes as smiths, brass moulders, clog makers, chest builders and decorative painters.