- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Vernacular crafts filter Vernacular crafts
- Remove Meland, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Meland, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
The auger smithies in Odland and Fosse were amongst those which had the largest production of augers in the period between the Wars. Martinus Fosse built a smithy in 1877, and this was in operation right up to the 1980s - one of the centres for auger production in Meland. In 1930 yet another smithy was built here. There was a smithy at Fossesjøen as early at the 18th century, and at the end of the 19th century they went over to auger smithing. There is still a market for hand-forged augers.