- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Voss (tidl. kommune) filter Voss (tidl. kommune)
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
Freezing and thawing are processes that influence plant cover, move enormous blocks, stretche long mounds of earth, break open bedrock and create patterns in stone and earth.
Deep down between the stone polished phyllite bedrock in Bordalsgjelet canyon, there is a cascading river. In close cooperation with hard polishing stones, the water has carved into the bedrock for thousands of years - and is still doing so today.
Down by the fjord on the farm Berge in Tørvikbygd, is Stekkavika – a sheltered eastward facing harbour, protected against the fjord by headlands and rocks, even manifest in the name. Here is also a comprehensive milieu of coastal industry, with boathouses and sea-sheds that belong to the farms Berge, Heradstveit and Halleråker. Belonging to the farm Berge there is also a mill-house, circular saw, workshop for sloop building, and – a little further up into the woods – the old water-powered sash-saw.