- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Bedrock filter Bedrock
- Remove Basement rocks filter Basement rocks
At nearly 1000 metres over sea level, on the north side of INGAHOGG mountain, the remains of a soapstone quarry have been discovered. It is said, according to the Sagas, that Inga collected the big soapstone that lies in front of the Åkra Church from here.
“On the country of Wallestrand…the rock almost everywhere appears to be of a slate-like substance, be it at the seashore, on the farms or in their distant fields”.