- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Skule filter Skule
The small, white-painted schoolhouse at Vassel is a modest, but worthy representative for the school in the rural community – an institution for knowledge and a considerable educator of the people. Many of the small rural schools have been rationalised away, but Vassel has been taken good care of, and on 7 December 1976, Lindås School Museum was opened.
In one of the frame-built haysheds at Nottveit, at holding No. 3, we discover that several of the staves have a medieval look, with large dimensions and carefully rounded edges. According to tradition, it was the farms Nottveit and Mostraumen that supplied the timber for the stave church at Mo, and it is not unlikely that these farms received the old timber in return when the new church was erected there in 1593.