- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
Frekhaug has been a large farm with well-off owners through many generations. The main house, a two storey building with a hipped roof, must have been erected about 1780.
In one of the frame-built haysheds at Nottveit, at holding No. 3, we discover that several of the staves have a medieval look, with large dimensions and carefully rounded edges. According to tradition, it was the farms Nottveit and Mostraumen that supplied the timber for the stave church at Mo, and it is not unlikely that these farms received the old timber in return when the new church was erected there in 1593.