- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Fitjar filter Fitjar
- Remove Avalanches and rock falls filter Avalanches and rock falls
- Remove Vegetation history filter Vegetation history
- Remove Conservation area filter Conservation area
Mountain plants with their beautiful, colourful flowers are common in high altitude areas in Norway. On the coast there are not so many of them. But, here and there one nonetheless finds mountain plants, and this makes some coastal mountainsides a little bit different. Perhaps the growth on these mountainsides gives us a little glimpse of a distant past?
At nesting time you cannot avoid hearing the calls of the curlew or the snipe along the narrow road through the cultural landscape from Rimbareid to Vestbøstad. And on late summer evenings, the intense song of the sedge warbler rings out over the two characteristic tarns in the area.