- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Fitjar filter Fitjar
- Remove Avalanches and rock falls filter Avalanches and rock falls
- Remove Masfjorden filter Masfjorden
- Remove Wetland filter Wetland
Early in the 1900s there were much larger salt water deltas in Hordaland. But, essentially all of the larger river deltas got filled in and regulated for use in industry during the last century. Now, there is only Haugsdals delta left.
The sea birds discovered it long ago. Raunøya and the surrounding islands are the most beautiful places in Masfjorden.
At nesting time you cannot avoid hearing the calls of the curlew or the snipe along the narrow road through the cultural landscape from Rimbareid to Vestbøstad. And on late summer evenings, the intense song of the sedge warbler rings out over the two characteristic tarns in the area.