- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Fitjar filter Fitjar
- Remove Avalanches and rock falls filter Avalanches and rock falls
- Remove Meland, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Meland, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
- Remove Fish filter Fish
If you come by sea to Bergen and come up the Herdle Fjord, the yellow ochre marine shed at Holmeknappen is a well known landmark to starboard as you come close to the little shore settlement. In olden days Holmenknappen served important functions as a centre for a wide hinterland of the surrounding farms, warehouse, landing point, country store and later a steamer quay, a hotel (1896) and a dairy (1909). But today Holmeknappen is no longer a focal point. Transport and commercial routes have changed the old pattern
There is a lot of trout and a large char population in Lake Rylandsvatnet. The lake was stocked with char, probably in 1907. The promoters of the project were the family Ameln, who owned eight mills in Rylandsvågen and parts of the Ryland farm.