- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Fitjar filter Fitjar
- Remove Ullensvang, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune. filter Ullensvang, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune.
- Remove Ulvik filter Ulvik
- Remove Kvinnherad filter Kvinnherad
Halsnøy Monastery is situated in the midst of the lush fjord country in Sunnhordland, on one of the old spits, or “necks”, that has given name to the island. Gently sloping fields lead down to the sea on both sides, in the south towards the Kloster Fjord, to the north towards the sheltered Klostervågen.
Skorpo - Polished by glaciers and meltwater
Freezing and thawing are processes that influence plant cover, move enormous blocks, stretche long mounds of earth, break open bedrock and create patterns in stone and earth.
Ullensvang church, situated beside the vicarage, in idyllic surroundings on the headland just inside Lofthus municipality, is mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1309. At that time the present Gothic stone church must have been new. Judging by the style in the western portal and the eastern chancel windows, the church must have been built around 1300 or just before, probably by builders from Bergen influenced by the English Gothic style.