- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Fitjar filter Fitjar
- Remove Ulvik filter Ulvik
- Remove Jondal, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune. filter Jondal, frå 2020 del av nye Ullensvang kommune.
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
Down by the fjord at Svåsand, close to the main highway, there is a long row of boathouses, one of the well-preserved, older boathouse locations along the Hardanger fjord. It is the farms at Svåsand that have their boathouses here, four main farms with origins far back in time.
Freezing and thawing are processes that influence plant cover, move enormous blocks, stretche long mounds of earth, break open bedrock and create patterns in stone and earth.
Around Mjøsvågen here is still a compact marine use area. Some of the buildings are common boathouses, but most of them also house small enterprises and workshops. This is where the farmers from Øvsthus, Mjøs, Hole and other farms have supplemented their meagre incomes as smiths, brass moulders, clog makers, chest builders and decorative painters.