- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Fitjar filter Fitjar
- Remove Ulvik filter Ulvik
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
- Remove Plants by the sea filter Plants by the sea
Freezing and thawing are processes that influence plant cover, move enormous blocks, stretche long mounds of earth, break open bedrock and create patterns in stone and earth.
When the lush beach area innermost in Ulvikapollen was protected, the bird life was instrumental to the decision. The plant diversity is just as impressive. In Hordaland sea meadows such as this are rare small in size - they are more common in coastal environments.
Around Mjøsvågen here is still a compact marine use area. Some of the buildings are common boathouses, but most of them also house small enterprises and workshops. This is where the farmers from Øvsthus, Mjøs, Hole and other farms have supplemented their meagre incomes as smiths, brass moulders, clog makers, chest builders and decorative painters.