- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Midthordland filter Midthordland
- Remove Churches, Cloisters, Christianity filter Churches, Cloisters, Christianity
- Remove Monastery filter Monastery
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
"So many and such big potholes as are found at Eikelandsosen, we don't see other places in western Norway, and as beautifully polished as the mountainside is along the river up to Koldal , one would look a long time to see anywhere else. There is much to dazzle a geologist's eyes. If only these features could bring others the same joy!"
The steep drop by Fossen cliff has been the biggest challenge for those who wished to make a road over Kvamskogen through the years. Leave the car by the monument on the old road and take a walk down to the bend by the waterfall that Bergen-folk call "The bridal veil". Why is there a waterfall just here?
Tælavåg has a significant place in the history of the German occupation in WWII. The small community by the sea, where for centuries people had made a living from farming and fishing in harmony with the natural resources, in 1942 became the victim of German reprisals without their equal in Norwegian war history. The collection of war histories in Tælavåg provides us with a close-up of the dramatic events.