- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
On the farms Kjerland and Røynstrond, east of the river that flows into the fjord, we find many decorative painters who belong to the so-called sòlekistemålarane in Hardanger: Knut and Mikkjel Røynstrand and Johannes Jonsson Kjærland.
The farm Huse is situated on a broad terrace in the valley above the church and the commons ground in Kinsarvik. Huse is one of the largest farms in Kinsarvik. The house from the Middle Ages, still standing at Huse today, probably from the middle of 1200, is joined on to a house in the Swiss style from around 1890. This house, with a smoke-vent in the roof, bears witness of a grand old farm and of the chieftain’s power in early medieval times.