- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Trading posts and guesthouses filter Trading posts and guesthouses
The trading post down by the fjord at Kyrping does not belong to the oldest group of trading posts from the 1600s and 1700s. It was only after the liberalisation of the trading legislation that trade was established here.
There are only two buildings left of the old trading and guesthouse settlement in Skånevik. They are in the centre, close to the main road passing through the settlement. The other buildings that belonged to the place, the lodging house (“Holteriet”), the bakery, the courthouse, the boathouse and the sea house with the store, were pulled down in the last century.
When you come into the well-tended farm steading at Sæbø just above Etne centre, you get the impression of a Sunnhordland farm from well before the time of the tractor; from the time of the horse and the scythe. The hamlet at Sæbø, one of the farms neighbouring to Gjerde, was taken over by Sunnhordland Folk Museum in 1938.