- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Sund, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune filter Sund, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune
- Remove Bømlo filter Bømlo
Numerous finds show that the settlement at Herdla goes back to prehistoric times, and the large estate at Herdla has enjoyed a central place in the nation’s history since High Middle Ages. As Ask, Herdla was part of the country estate Harald Hårfagre took over as he took command of the west of Norway.
Tælavåg has a significant place in the history of the German occupation in WWII. The small community by the sea, where for centuries people had made a living from farming and fishing in harmony with the natural resources, in 1942 became the victim of German reprisals without their equal in Norwegian war history. The collection of war histories in Tælavåg provides us with a close-up of the dramatic events.