- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Tysnes filter Tysnes
The main house at Færavåg was built in 1599. History tells us that a German came to Færavåg and built the house. He divided the land between his two sons. They in turn divided it between their two sons, thus there were four equal holdings on the farm. And it is said that all households lived in the same house. They each stayed in their own corner around the fire in the middle of the floor.
Vågsbygdo was severely hit by landslides and rock falls in the decades around 1700, in addition, the rivers transported masses of loose sediment, both large stones and gravel. A lot of what slid down from the Vågsliene (slopes at Våg) collected in Neravåge. It was so bad that the damage “never again can be remedied or restored”, it was said in 1670.