- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
Tælavåg has a significant place in the history of the German occupation in WWII. The small community by the sea, where for centuries people had made a living from farming and fishing in harmony with the natural resources, in 1942 became the victim of German reprisals without their equal in Norwegian war history. The collection of war histories in Tælavåg provides us with a close-up of the dramatic events.
The farm STAUP lies on a shelf in the terrain above Løno. From the highway E16 it is possible to glimpse the houses through the trees. The farm is without a road, and the old farmyard and the cultural landscape is very well preserved. In the 1980s grants were given to carry out maintenance work with the intention of protecting the houses in the farmyard.