- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Sund, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune filter Sund, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune
- Remove Midthordland filter Midthordland
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Askøy filter Askøy
“At thick of night a thundering knock on the door; the man in the house wakes up, jumps out and demands: Who cries? Yes, now you must out, the beacon shines on Høgenut. And in the same breath, every man knew that strife had hit the land.”
Tælavåg has a significant place in the history of the German occupation in WWII. The small community by the sea, where for centuries people had made a living from farming and fishing in harmony with the natural resources, in 1942 became the victim of German reprisals without their equal in Norwegian war history. The collection of war histories in Tælavåg provides us with a close-up of the dramatic events.
The coastal settlement of Os begins to take form in the middle of the 1800s. This is when craftsmen and traders begin to settle at the river delta.