- Remove Øygarden, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune. filter Øygarden, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune.
- Remove Basement rocks filter Basement rocks
- Remove Midthordland filter Midthordland
- Remove Archaeological findings filter Archaeological findings
- Remove Conservation area filter Conservation area
- Remove Seabirds filter Seabirds
There is no place in Hordaland where there are so many over-wintering song swans as in Tjeldstømarka. And there are few places in the county that have had this birdfowl as a guest for as long.
There isn't much forest on Skogsøyna today, but that there is, has been planted. There is not much wildlife, either. But, quite a lot of birds pass by Skogsøyna during migration time. Ther is no other place along the coast where you can better observe the seabird migrations.
"One of the big scientific sensations", was the title in the Bergens Times newspaper on the 22nd of November, 1941. It was the geologist Isal Undås who had been interviewed by the newspaper. He thought that he had discovered a 120 000 year old whale bone, remains of life from before the last Ice Age.