- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Samnanger filter Samnanger
- Remove Music filter Music
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
- Remove Bronze age filter Bronze age
Lysøen, this fairytale castle with its Russian-inspired onion dome on the corner turret, stands as a reminder of the diversity of the period called Historicism and a monument to a versatile artist; a key figure in the Norwegian National Romanticism.
At the bottom of Vargavågen on Halhjem lies Grødalshaug, a 30 metres high rocky outcrop between the bay and a moist valley cleft. On the south side of the rock is a steep rock cliff facing the valley, the bog and the stream. On this rock face we find rock carvings from the Bronze Age.
Helgaberget – the holy hill – is a little rocky crag which thrusts itself a few metres above the terraced surface of Støle. The surface of the rock is strewn with figures inscribed in the rock and it was, as far as one can judge, a cult centre in the Bronze Ages. The name could indicate that the tradition of holiness can have lasted for almost 3,000 years.