- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Samnanger filter Samnanger
- Remove Music filter Music
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
Lysøen, this fairytale castle with its Russian-inspired onion dome on the corner turret, stands as a reminder of the diversity of the period called Historicism and a monument to a versatile artist; a key figure in the Norwegian National Romanticism.
The stone church at Støle may have been built around 1160 probably as a private chapel for the mighty Stødle clan. It is likely that it was Erling Skakke, the king’s representative and father of king Magnus Erlingsson, who built the church.