- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Samnanger filter Samnanger
- Remove Music filter Music
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
High above the sea and the beach flats, on one of the wide terraces shaped by the sea and the ice, lies the farm Støle (Stødle). The Old Norse name of Studla is derived from studill “support, shelf”. As far back as Viking times Støle has been a chieftain’s farm, a good farm on the plains formed by the moraine masses.
Lysøen, this fairytale castle with its Russian-inspired onion dome on the corner turret, stands as a reminder of the diversity of the period called Historicism and a monument to a versatile artist; a key figure in the Norwegian National Romanticism.