- Remove Culture filter Culture
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Samnanger filter Samnanger
- Remove Music filter Music
- Remove Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune filter Os, frå 2020 del av nye Bjørnafjorden kommune
- Remove Etne filter Etne
- Remove Osterøy filter Osterøy
- Remove Vernacular crafts filter Vernacular crafts
Around Mjøsvågen here is still a compact marine use area. Some of the buildings are common boathouses, but most of them also house small enterprises and workshops. This is where the farmers from Øvsthus, Mjøs, Hole and other farms have supplemented their meagre incomes as smiths, brass moulders, clog makers, chest builders and decorative painters.
Valestrand became a centre for the tanning industry in Osterøy; one of the old crafts that has developed into a local industry with many places of work. From the 1870s ever more ventures were started. Many of the large sea houses we see today around the bay have been places for tanning and leather enterprises.
Lysøen, this fairytale castle with its Russian-inspired onion dome on the corner turret, stands as a reminder of the diversity of the period called Historicism and a monument to a versatile artist; a key figure in the Norwegian National Romanticism.