- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
Kinsarvik has probably been a centre for the inner Hardanger districts back in prehistory. History tells us that in medieval times there was a marketing place, a “kaupang”, here; a connecting point in the communications between east and west. There were supposedly around 300 residents here but the place was likely wiped out in a great fire.