- Remove Small landforms filter Small landforms
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Road constructions filter Road constructions
- Remove Voss (tidl. kommune) filter Voss (tidl. kommune)
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad. filter Voss, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad.
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Livelihood and Craftsmanship filter Livelihood and Craftsmanship
- Remove Landscape filter Landscape
Deep down between the stone polished phyllite bedrock in Bordalsgjelet canyon, there is a cascading river. In close cooperation with hard polishing stones, the water has carved into the bedrock for thousands of years - and is still doing so today.
In the slope above Oppheim church lies the old vicarage at OPPHEIM. If you stroll up the road from the church you will arrive in a farmyard marked by traces of building style and living traditions from the Middle Ages.
The farm Ringheim by Lundarvatnet is amongst the largest in Voss. It is divided into eight units and four cadastral numbers: Store Ringheim, Indre Ringheim, Nedre Ringheim and Vetle Ringheim. The farm Lund, from which Lundarvatnet takes its name, must have been a part of Ringheim, and the farms Gjerde and Tròdo (Trå) must formerly have been separated from Ringheim. The name Ringheim indicates that it stems from early times.
Peter Bonde, who owned Finne towards the end of the 1200s, had a jumping stag in his family emblem. This stag is the origin for the heraldic blazon of Voss. Peter Bonde and his descendants acquired possession of many farms and farm parts; the so-called Finne properties became some of the largest land properties in the country.
The village at Bolstadøyri acquired its structure around the middle of the 1800s, but from the old days there has been a meeting place here; court location and trading post. The guesthouse place stems from the second half of the 17th century, and in the previous century Bolstadøyri was one of the largest rural trading posts in Nordhordland.