- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Skule filter Skule
- Remove Midthordland filter Midthordland
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
Numerous finds show that the settlement at Herdla goes back to prehistoric times, and the large estate at Herdla has enjoyed a central place in the nation’s history since High Middle Ages. As Ask, Herdla was part of the country estate Harald Hårfagre took over as he took command of the west of Norway.