- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Austrheim filter Austrheim
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Vaksdal filter Vaksdal
- Remove Masfjorden filter Masfjorden
- Remove Archaeological findings filter Archaeological findings
The farmhouses at holding No. 15 at Hopland are built together to form a long, continuous building, with dwelling house, hayshed and cowshed built in one row. There have been many such joined structures in the coastal communities, but today there are few remaining. If we travel to the other side of the North Sea, to the Faeroes, Shetland and the Orkney Islands, we find corresponding features in the older building traditions. We find ourselves in a large North Atlantic cultural area.