- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove Nordhordland filter Nordhordland
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Radøy, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune. filter Radøy, frå 2020 del av nye Alver kommune.
On an east-facing slope above Halllandsvatnet lies the farm hamlet of Øvre Tveiten, two kilometres north of Manger. The stone hayshed lies with its gable out into the sloping terrain, and the old dwelling house, a little long house, has solid stone walls on three sides. But inside the walls the hayshed and the living rooms are wooden buildings.
In the lightly undulating landscape at Boga there lies an old house with several rooms on a small rise. In fact it looks like three houses built into one another; a scullery, a living room and a store with a loft. From other sources we know that this house had covered passageways and sheds round all the walls in the 19th century; a compressed “long house” with inter-connections between all the rooms. This is a building style from the Middle Ages that we see traces of; a building corresponding to those we have seen remains of at Høybøen in Fjell and Lurekalven in Lindås. Bogatunet was restored in 2006.