- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Granvin, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad filter Granvin, frå 2020 del av nye Voss herad
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
On the farms Kjerland and Røynstrond, east of the river that flows into the fjord, we find many decorative painters who belong to the so-called sòlekistemålarane in Hardanger: Knut and Mikkjel Røynstrand and Johannes Jonsson Kjærland.
Folkedal, which today is like a small “detour” from the main highway, was in the Middle Ages centrally situated in one of the most important roads between Hardanger and Voss. This is the road that Olav Haraldsson travelled in 1023, when he came from the royal farm at Avaldsnes for a meeting with the Voss inhabitants about the new belief. The road passes across the mountain pasture Krossaset and down Bordalen to Vangen.