- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Hardanger og Voss filter Hardanger og Voss
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Boat- and shipyards filter Boat- and shipyards
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Settlements, Villages, Towns filter Settlements, Villages, Towns
The mountain settlement Reinsnos is situated at nearly 700 metres above sea level at the end of the Reinsnos lake; an entry point to the Hardanger plateau.
The farm Huse is situated on a broad terrace in the valley above the church and the commons ground in Kinsarvik. Huse is one of the largest farms in Kinsarvik. The house from the Middle Ages, still standing at Huse today, probably from the middle of 1200, is joined on to a house in the Swiss style from around 1890. This house, with a smoke-vent in the roof, bears witness of a grand old farm and of the chieftain’s power in early medieval times.
The grand farm Aga on the west side of Sørfjorden, came under protection in 1937, when the agricultural reform threatened to disperse the old clustered settlement. “Lagmannsstova”, named after the “lagmann” (law speaker) Sigurd Brynjulfsson, was already protected in 1924; one of the authentic profane wooden buildings from the Middle Ages still standing. All the same it is the farmyard itself that is the key cultural monument.