- Remove Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage filter Museums, nature conservation, cultural heritage
- Remove Arkeologi filter Arkeologi
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
- Remove Bergen filter Bergen
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Kvam filter Kvam
- Remove Museum filter Museum
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Industry, Energy and Natural Resources filter Industry, Energy and Natural Resources
- Remove Fjell, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune filter Fjell, frå 2020 del av nye Øygarden kommune
- Remove Samnanger filter Samnanger
Øystese- Ingebrigt Vik museum
From his loft window on the doctor’s farm at Tangarås the young Hans Ernst Kinck had a view of the fjord and the Mauranger mountains. The fjord settlements in West Norway made a strong impression on the young boy when his family moved from Setesdal, from “the stifling mystique of the ballad”, to Strandebarm in 1876. The new district doctor bought the old captain’s farm at Tangarås, which had for some time been a military head farm after Håbrekke further into the settlement.
Øystese- Kvam rural museum
Alvøen is one of the oldest industrial places in Norway. As early as the 1620s a gunpowder mill was built here. The place itself was well situated for industrial activity, lying only 100 m from the waterfall, which provided power for the mill, and a good harbour wherefrom the products were shipped. The success of the gun-powder mill varied in the 1600s and 1700s, but what made Alvøen best known was its paper production.