- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Bømlo filter Bømlo
- Remove Churches, Cloisters, Christianity filter Churches, Cloisters, Christianity
Moster is mentioned as a church site already in the time of Olav Tryggvason. According to the sagas the king is supposed to have laid the foundations for the first church at Moster when he came there in 995. That building would have been a stave church - the church standing there today – a stone church with a nave and narrower, straight chancel – was probably founded around 1100. In 1874 a new church was built at Moster. Then the old church was bought by The Society for the Preservation of Norwegian Ancient Monuments, which is still the owner.