- Remove Middle age filter Middle age
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Sunnhordland filter Sunnhordland
- Remove Dialects and arts filter Dialects and arts
- Remove Farm sites filter Farm sites
- Remove Chieftains and royal lines filter Chieftains and royal lines
- Remove Vernacular arts filter Vernacular arts
High above the sea and the beach flats, on one of the wide terraces shaped by the sea and the ice, lies the farm Støle (Stødle). The Old Norse name of Studla is derived from studill “support, shelf”. As far back as Viking times Støle has been a chieftain’s farm, a good farm on the plains formed by the moraine masses.