- Remove Maritime environments filter Maritime environments
- Remove People and Society filter People and Society
- Remove Defense filter Defense
- Remove Place filter Place
- Remove Civil servant dwellings and manors filter Civil servant dwellings and manors
- Remove Archaeology filter Archaeology
- Remove Eidfjord filter Eidfjord
- Remove Iron age filter Iron age
- Remove Ulvik filter Ulvik
At Halnefjorden, a few hundred metres east of Halne mountain lodge, lie the remains of two stone sheds – Halnelægeret. Some generations ago the cattle drovers stopped here in the summer; they were the cowboys of their time. But Halnelægeret already had a long history before the cattle drovers came.
The biggest prehistoric burial site in Hordaland is situated at Hæreid. On top of the terrace expanse, inside the fine birch garden, is where they lie, the mounds and stone piles, on their own or in clusters, large and small, round and elongated – at least 350 in all.